GLAMcamp Amsterdam: mass upload
At Amsterdam, 60 Wikimedia activists and fans from 22 countries gather for the 2nd “GLAMcamp”: a seminar on cultural heritage. Now we listen to the experts on mass uploads. There is a problem for museums to upload pictures from their collection to the internet; of course, we want those pictures with metadata.
Wikimedia organizations are going to cooperate with Europeana, a EU network for cultural heritage institutions. It’s tricky – uploading must become easy and effective so that really everyone can use the new tools.
No comments yet.
Leave a Reply
- Wikimedia Conferentie Nederland 2012 with ‘father of Wikipedia’
- WCA: deputy chair of the council
- Wikimedia Chapters Association: redefining the ‘we’
- Berlin diary
- Wikimedia Chapters Conference 01
- New board Wikimedia Nederland
- Just another survey on Wikipedia, you lost me
- Movement roles revisited
- When Bismarck phoned Metternich
- New year started in the Netherlands
- Understanding Jimmy Wales, but not free knowledge